Don’t just join a car company
The world has changed almost unrecognisably in the past year. It’s never been more important to work together to help make the planet more sustainable, better connected, and safer.
As a Volvo Cars Graduate, you’ll be part of a global team of 43,000 colleagues, at the forefront of a rapidly evolving industry with the influence to make a meaningful impact.
Join us on our journey to provide freedom to move in a personal, sustainable and safe way.
Application period opens on November 2nd.
Find your role
Our Global Graduate Programme is closely attuned to finding the skills our company needs. With positions available in Sweden, China, and the USA, it opens up a world of potential career opportunities across Volvo Cars – from autonomous drive to human resources.
When to apply
Applications for 2021 are open from November 2 to December 1, 2020.
graduates have completed the global programme since 2010
are still within the company, more than half are in leadership positions
graduates would recommend the Global Graduate Programme to a friend
A new kind of energy
We're looking for graduates who:
- truly believe in and are motivated by our company purpose: freedom to move in a personal, sustainable and safe way
- want to be a part of something bigger and make a difference
- are team players, energetic and committed to success
- are challengers, thinkers and doers
- can manage complex situations and see the bigger picture
- are humble, self-reflective, open to change and curious to discover opportunities in a constantly changing environment
We want you to have:
- a Master’s degree, completed when the programme starts
- maximum 1 year full-time working experience after completing your Master’s degree prior to the start of the programme
- fluent English language skills
A lot can change in 24 months
You’ll be fast-tracked through the heart of our business. Your recruiting manager will be your sponsor and support you from start to end of the programme. Together you will design a programme around your strengths and ambitions, which consists of:
- Structured introduction period
- Functional and cross-functional assignments (4-6 months each)
- Common graduate module weeks
- Personal development & Leadership training
- Competence area deep-dives
- Product and production knowledge
- Business and commercial acumen
- International experience, depending on the development plan you set with your sponsor
- Top-management exposure
- Graduate group projects
- Graduation ceremony
- A global network of colleagues and graduates
- An experience designed around your passion and strengths
- A lot of FUN!
Meet our Graduates
Read the personal stories of some of our Graduates via the profile pictures below
I wanted to get an understanding of how we go from an idea to a finished car
Global Mechanical Engineering Graduate
I am currently residing in Shanghai
It has given me the flexibility to become a better version of myself.
It is up to you to shape your own future
This is an extremely modern and fast paced global organization
Answers to frequently asked questions about the Global Graduate Programme.
Where does the Global Graduate Programme take place?
The job ad describes where the different positions are home-based. If you need to move from a different country, we will of course support with a relocation package.
How many graduates are hired each year?
The number of Global Graduates varies each year based on the demand of the business. The 2021 programme will accept approximately 50 graduates globally.
How long does the Global Graduate Programme last?
Can I also apply for the Global Graduate Programme if I come from abroad?
The GGP is open to applicants from all over the world, who fit the graduate profile. You can apply regardless of your citizenship. A potential offer however would always be pending on the approval of the local residence- and work permit.
Do I have a fixed-term or a permanent contract?
As a Global Graduate you will get a permanent full time employment within Volvo Cars from the very first day.
How is the Global Graduate Programme compensated?
The Graduates within the programme will receive a salary according to the standard market rate.
Is there a guarantee of a job at the end?
Since you get a permanent employment during the programme, all functions aim to offer interesting and challenging roles to their graduates upon graduation, providing they have performed well during the Global Graduate Programme.
Is it necessary to have done an internship at Volvo Cars to apply for the Global Graduate Programme?
No, but it is not a disadvantage if you are already familiar with the company.
Can I apply to multiple areas of the Global Graduate Programme?
The recruitment process
November 2nd – December 1st:
Online application (CV & Cover Letter) via the Volvo Cars careers site
Psychometric & technical assessments (depending on the competence area you apply for)
On-demand video interview with pre-recorded questions
Behavioural & technical interviews
Late February- beginning March:
Successful candidates will be notified